Places to visit in Périgord Vert Region of DordogneDomaine de La Brugère is situated in Nantheuil, a village in the Perigord Vert region of Dordogne.
From Domaine de La Brugère, you will discover many of the treasures of the Dordogne : charming villages, amazing Châteaux, prehistoric caves, beautiful landscapes and countryside, traditional markets…
Less than 15 minutes from Domaine de La Brugère :
- Thiviers: main small city close to La Brugere (all facilities: chops, supermarket, bank, post office….). Thiviers is famous for its traditional market on Saturday morning. During autumn and winter, foie gras market and truffle market are splendid.
- Saint Jean de Côle : medieval village classed as one of the most beautiful villages in France (‘Un des plus beaux villages de France’).
- Château de Jumilhac le Grand : built in 13th-14th Centuries. Beautiful French gardens.
Less than 30 minutes from Domaine de La Brugère :
- Brantôme : also called “Venice in Périgord”. This beautiful village is surrounded by the river Dronne. Amazing abbey from the 12th century. Troglodytic caves all around the village. Market on Friday morning. Shops and restaurants.
- Bourdeilles : close to Brantôme in the south. Beautiful medieval village.
- Villars : the village of Villars is situated between Saint Jean de Côle and Brantôme. Villars is famous for its Renaissance Château de Puyghilem and for its prehistoric cave (one of the most beautiful in Dordogne) : prehistoric paintings, amazing stalagmites and stalagtites…
- Hautefort : Château de Hautefort (also called “Petit Versailles”) : it was destroyed by fire and totally renovated. Château de Hautefort is a place to see. Breathtaking views from the Château on the countryside. Amazing French gardens all around the Château.
- Périgueux : Périgueux is the Capital of the Dordogne. This amazing city takes its origins from prehistoric, medieval and renaissance times. The Cathedral Saint Front is really unique and original. Beautiful pedestrian area in the old city, with many shops, cafés and restaurants. Markets on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Foie gras and truffle markets in the winter.
A little bit farther :
The city of Bergerac, the vineyards in the countryside.
The valley of the Dordogne River : Sarlat, Châteaux, Villages….
Amazing gardens to discover : Les Jardins de Marqueyssac, les Jardins d’Eyrignac, les Jardins de l’Imaginaire in Terrasson.
The International Prehistoric Center of Lascaux (Lascaux IV) is around 80 minutes from Domaine de La Brugère.